View Single Post
      05-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #8
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Request for write up. First, I am not a professional so perform at own risk. But I think it is well within the ability of most. Take your time. This is how I did it and it worked fine and everything went back together perfectly.

Steps:

1. Disconnect negative terminal from battery in trunk. Warning dont close trunk like I did! Had to jump front terminals to get trunk open.
2. Remove back portion of door weatherstripping
3. Remove lower entry trim. Pull straight up and the clips release easily. Does require some force but clips dont break here easily.
4. Remove far back C pillar interior trim by rear window. Pop off "airbag" cover and remove torx screw. Gently pull front portion of trim out to release clip. Then pull panel forward to release rear clip. The c pillar trim panel has grooves for the main rear side which is why I removed it. Makes reassembly easier.
5. Remove rear side panel. Pull out the front part of the panel to release clips. Pull out portion of side panel at top near window to release clips. There is a clip at the far back. To release slide the entire panel forward.
6. Remove upper b pillar trim panel. Pop of small round cover on hanger hook and remove screw. Pull bottom of panel out and then slide panel down.
7. Disconnect belts 2 color coded electrical connections.
8. Unhook belt at bottom floor attachment behind seat. Remove cover and torx bolt. Slide belt hook of rail.
9. Remove top belt assembly attachment torx bolt on b pillar. Remove small silver guide bar in middle of b pillar.
10. Remove bolt on bottom of b pillar holding belt assembly in place and remove assembly.
11. Assemble in reverse.
Appreciate 0