Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
Second, I have not put down any brand as inferior. An oem/oem-style LSD is not a brand; it is a modified oem LSD.
So you didn't actually say:
Quote:
1)OEM-Based LSD's should not even be compared to real multi-plate (as in 20+ Plate) LSD's. These are cheap band-aids that, although do function as advertised, are not even in the same league
Or

Quote:
1) Forget about the OEM-Based LSD's. These are all washer/cone style LSD's (i.e old tech) and, although they may provide the beginner with the progressiveness/smoothness that they require, this is only because the LSD is inherently "weak" to begin with. There is a reason why the more experienced driver would prefer a "real" LSD, and not a cheap OEM-Based LSD. Disclaimer: Don't get me wrong, they work and serve their function, but if you want something more advanced and tunable as you progress in driver skill, this is not your best option
2) Forget about the washer/cone style multi-plate LSD's (again, old tech). For the most part, these are like on/off switches and will not provide you with the progressiveness/smoothness that you require
Well, you certainly didn't put down any particular "brand", only the products they sell. So what you are saying is that Diffsonline, Metric Mechanic, Performance Gearing, et al are peddling "cheap", "weak", antiquated ("old tech") "band-aids" alongside their more premium offerings.

Quote:
First of all, this is not a sales thread
No, no spin at all. Aldous Huxley would be both proud and terrified by the accuracy of his predictions.

One last quote:

Quote:
1)be wary of those who promote their ideals as gospel.
lakefront563.50