View Single Post
      03-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #28
CGMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe Sport

Yes the tips would be pushed back some. The piping is 2.5 inch for both of them and 3inch to the muffler, right now. Again this is just a prototype/mock up so it could change. I asked for 3inch piping and a dual in dual out muffler, so Ill see what comes out of this. While this setup may not be ideal for hp and flow, I do not believe that there will be a hp loss from a regular single sided exhaust to this one. Most of the dual outlet/quad tip exhausts for the 1 series are purely asthetic and sound. What I might be able to do is dyno the car with their regular single sided exhaust and then swap this quad setup on and see if there is any difference. Honestly, a dual exhuast on a inline 6cylinder motor will probably be just for looks unless you split the exhaust right at the cylinder head (3 cyliners on each pipe) and run it all the way back that way. I WISH we had the room to do a true dual outlet exhaust on these cars but its just not there. Even on the 1M and the E46 M3, its one inlet in the muffler and splits to the dual outlet. This exhaust just has the muffler in a different place from the 1M. I do not have a sound clip because we didnt even start the car with this exhaust on there.
Right now I have their single sided/dual tip prototype exhaust on my car and it sounds very good. Ill have to take some pictures of that and get some sound clips.

Last edited by CGMike; 03-02-2013 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 0