McReary
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
time to black out trim and grills??
Nah lol, I just like the glossy/shiny black after seeing it on the moonroofed mercedes . I like the chrome. Its kind of my weird taste like for the white fin. Just a drop and xenons and I'll be a happy camper. Also still waiting on Riss Racing to hit me up again for a test fitting volunteer..

What I would love to do is create a mini CSL . Just get some CSL replica rims, drop, add some skirts, and find/create a CSL spoiler (man I wish someone made this kind of spoiler--those CF performance ones are cool, but everyone and their grandma has one now ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmxomar View Post
yeah, the polyurethane glue is total bs.. i read that too haha

its stuck on with 3m tape just like the spoiler is
basically there is the outer shark fin cover ( which is the part you see) which has 2 prongs in the back of it so dont break it.
then there is a smaller fin inside that has electronic components attached to it.
get dental floss, or thread and cut around all the 3m tape that you can. they you will be able to get the fin cap off (remember 2 prongs in the back so dont wiggle it too much side to side)

once that is off then just use a screw driver to unscrew the smaller fin underneath.. lift it out of the hole in your roof then detach the 3 wires connected to it.

tuck the wire back in the big hole and tape it up. then use goo gone to get all the residue off from the roof left behind from the fin
Awesome, Thanks! I would have a tough time deciding whether to put the shark fin back on, since I don't have GPS, BMW assist, or listen to radio in the car... Besides, I'd have to go get some more 3M tape to put it back in place .
Appreciate 0