flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervgotti01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stohlen View Post
By this logic, the filters would melt with any kind of fuel, because the oil runs over 212 degrees.... Until you realize that the fuel is cooling the injector at all times. Then your point is moot because you really have no idea how hot the injectors get.

The problem is that you've provided no proof that E85 did anything to your injectors. And alot of time there is no way to provide proof, so you shouldn't blame it just on the gas. Do you know how unlikely it is for 4 injectors to fail at once from E85? Extremely unlikely. Its much more likely that some form of contamination that made its way through the entire system failed the injectors, or like I said before, an improper tune.
Read that thread again. The engineer who was analyzing our injectors said he had problems with the filters melting at 100 Celsius when running E85. He said and I quote " As long as the temperature of the injector stays under the 100 Celsius, this engine is perferctly capable to run E85. As a matter of fact, it will run E100 without any problem under cold conditions".

There is no way in hell our injectors are running less than 100 Celsius especially since they are directly connected to the head. If the N54 was port injected I can see it not hitting 100 celsius. So please actually read the thread before posting non sense. There are plenty of times when you drive when cruising foot off the accelerator that fuel is not being injected, which leads to the fuel not being cycled through to cool the injectors. Or how about say after an hour drive operating temp at 240 F you shut down the car? Those injectors are no longer cycling fuel and those injectors will sit there and bake.

As far as your other statement, Can I be 100% E85 caused this? No. Can you Be 100% will not cause this? No. With the engineer stating that E85 at 100 Celsius can cause injector failure it is likely that you can have a catastrophic of multiple injecotrs as they will all be operating at the same temperature + or minus a couple of degrees.

Your improper tune theory is stupid. You can tune an engine to run perfectly on E85, but you can not tune an engine to prevent wear on hardware components ie injectors, plugs, water pump, coil packs ect ect. That's like saying if you tune an engine properly your spark plugs should not wear out. What we're looking at here is premature failure of the injectors due to E85.
Except due to evap, e85 runs cooler than unleaded so your argument proves that e85 is safe

Because it is safe, ffs guys.

Ed: and why would you keep replacing stock lpfp? Just get an upgraded one (or at least an inline to lessen the load

And why and how would the lpfs be on the fuel rail which has high pressure fuel? :/

And if you keep replacing plugs to factory specs ... And you're highly tuned... Yes you'll have to replace them. Go 1 step colder gapped for a reason.

Plugs struggling will also lead to dead coils due to more load...

Seriously, everything going wrong here seems to be a problem going wrong between the car and the person driving the car...

And lastly (for now)... Ethanol does not eat rubber.. It's less corrosive than unleaded... What it does.. Is hold water

If you have old ALREADY WORN rubber, that has some water in it in the cracks... The ethanol absobs that water and cracks the rubber further - this is called dry rot

Ok we learnt something now?
Appreciate 0