12-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Arrow H&R Springs/AW 1M

Took a few weeks to get these as they were on a slow boat from Germany(were on back order), but they are finally here! Arrived Tuesday, installed Wednesday.

Name:  h&r.JPG
Views: 4164
Size:  99.2 KB

IMPRESSIONS: I was pretty nervous that the ride would be extremely harsh given the fact that the OEM setup is the stiffest ride(aside from the Z4Mcoupe maybe) of any M car I've owned. I don't know how, but it actually feels a little less harsh to me. The 'turn-in' is more sharp and without any delay whatsoever. There is less lean around corners and it just feels more planted. The drop was measured from the center of the hub to the wheel well with a 0.85" drop in the front and a 0.50" in the rear. Not huge on paper but the appearance is more dramatic than I expected. Perfect stance IMO. An alignment was done and the rear Camber and Toe were corrected. Front Camber was still within tolerance so I don't think I will get any camber plates. I have included a few iPhone pics right after install while I gassed up last night. (better pics to follow)

ALIGNMENT SPECS:

____________FRONT CAMBER(Range: -1.1 to -1.5)_________________

...................................before & after...........................................

__________(LT)-1.5deg_______________(RT)-1.1deg_______________

_____________REAR CAMBER(Range: -1.6 to -2.0)__________________

........................................before.... ...........................................
__________(LT)-1.7deg______________(RT)-1.2deg________________

.........................................after.... ............................................
__________(LT)-1.8deg______________(RT)-1.6deg________________

________________REAR TOE(Range: .04-.13)_______________________

........................................before.... ...........................................
___________(RT).37____________________(LT).35_________________

.........................................after.... ............................................
___________(RT).04____________________(LT).07_________________

Name:  drop1.JPG
Views: 9256
Size:  98.1 KB

Name:  drop2.JPG
Views: 6419
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  drop3.JPG
Views: 8625
Size:  102.1 KB