Thread: Autobahn on TV
View Single Post
      12-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
FOACAD
Airborne!
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW/CR 135i Msport

I watched the first vid last night before bed. Gonna let the other 2 load while im at the gym in a bit.

I really hate how they try to make everything about the safety concerns, and even interviewed the anti-no speed limit guy. Ummm yes, 6k deaths sucks. But 6k people will die from random retarded shit. Then they just skipped over how the autobahn actually has one of the lowest deaths per km driven in the world. A lot lower than the US too.

That is the main reason we still have ridiculously slow speed limits in the US on major interstates. The fear mongerers at the NHTSA have everyone convinced that speed alone kills millions, that FWD is the only drive and that diesels only are supposed to be in big trucks.

Seriously one of the most worthless federal agencies that if I was ever in politics id work my hardest to either get revamped or discarded completely.

Oh and an aside on the Autobahn. I love when friends and family back home are like "soo....do you live close to THE autobahn?". Like there is only one. I chuckle and inform them kindly that the autobahn is their interstate system with numbered autobahns all over. Usually get a big "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok, that makes sense..."
Appreciate 0