View Single Post
      09-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #30
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorVert View Post
Car and Driver recommends forgoing the sport package unless you live in a city with good streets. I live in Detroit, and I have seen people fishing in our potholes. I would not drive a BMW with a sport suspension here because I like my kidneys, and plan on keeping them.

On the other hand, the non-sport seats have all the holding power of a wet park bench. They are wretched on a scale never before seen in a BMW.

Your best bet if you live in a potholed area is to save the $ you would otherwise have spent on the sport package and get a decent pair of aftermarket seats, or even some replacement OEM sport seats.

The non-sport seats are just that bad.

Also they suck.
I happen to have non sport seats in my car because I did not want to order a car and wait, and ended up buying the only 6-mt car in the region at the time. Though I admit I like the sport seats better and I am currently considering upgrading just the seats, I can assure you that they are not as bad as you're making them sound. I don't find myself sliding around, and unless you're an anorexic 50 lb person, I don't think you'd be sliding around either. Yes the extra support would be great, but saying they are "that bad" or that "they suck" is simply subjective on your part.
Appreciate 0