View Single Post
      10-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
JB007
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW135i MSport 6 Speed

I will be trying 205s square to see how it works in my climate.
If it turns that it is too narrow, it won't be hard to burn them in one winter and buy a pair of 225s for the rear for the following year.

Since it is so subjective to conditions and driving style, I will start with the manufacturer's recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
as someone who has driven all my life in snow......yes there is truth to 'skinnier is better' for winter tires, BUT unless you want to squirrel around all winter with your rear tires scrounging around for grip, do NOT run 205s all around in a 135i, IMO.

the rear of the 135 needs at least 225s on it, IMO. You are not in a rally....you are on the street. The 'skinnier is better' logic is true, and there is some merit to it however everything is relative and unless you live in a place that is full of snow 5 out of 7 days a week you are not going to benefit off 205s.
2013 BMW 135i MSport Edition, Alpine White, 6 speed manual, Coral Red leather, Sound Package, Premium Package, Alarm, BMW Perf black kidneys, Tint (20%rear, 50% sides), XPel Ultimate full front end and side skirts, H8 PIAA Plasma Ion yellow bulbs
Appreciate 0