redux
WTF does Stage 1 mean?
Rep
Drives: Bwm and such

Garage List
2011 1M  [9.35]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post
Redux - quick question - was that John Mueller or you driving the car in the video?

Harold - I agree that bigger contact patch at the back aids in applying power, however the biggest drawback is the inability to rotate the tires fully. This becomes a legitimate issue as track time increases. Most M3 guys run 275 square because of this.
That was John driving. I'm stuck in the UAE for the few months, so he's going to deal a few thing while I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post
Redux - let me know when you're headed out next - I'd love to give you a little competition!
BTW - My only suspension mods are lowering springs (for more camber) and Vorshlag plates. I don't think the car 'snap' oversteers at all compared with other vehicles, but it does rotate more quickly than the M3. Putting power down on exit is the most challenging aspect of driving the car.
I may try to rent out Big Willow or Chuckwalla for a weekday test a tune session when I get back to the states in May. You're welcome to some track time if the dates work out. Until then, car is finally going to get the stock pile of parts I purchased for it installed. John will probably get in a few track sessions to dial the car in before get a chance to drive it.

.... and your inbox is full

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
That is the main reason I recommend a staggered setup with the widest possible wheel and tire combo for the rear of the 1M or M3.
Thanks for joining in on the conversation. It's nice to have someone that makes a living dealing with this kind of stuff providing input in this thread.

Last edited by redux; 01-26-2013 at 02:43 AM..
Appreciate 0