12-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #71
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
From a friend that knows him yada yada yada...so not only is your information second hand, but it could have also been altered by the person who told you.

I wonder what the 1M driver's story is, first hand. For all we know, he may have been to the track before, but this could have been his first time in the 1M and he was getting familiarized with the car.
Lol altered? All I asked was if he has been to the track before and it was a yes. What else can be altered? That means he has raced his M3 before and he knows how tracking a car works.

I'm sorry that this hurts your ego but a 135i with less than 2K in mods just beat a 1M. Even if you don't want to believe it look at the posts above yours linking a 1M review at this particular track where they were able to score a 1:38.8. Compare that to a 135i with 0 suspension work and crappy street tires doing a 1:39.6. I'm willing to put $ on the line that if he gets better tires such as Hankook RS3's and some kind of coilover setup he will beat that 1:38:8 time proving that you don't need 20k+ worth of mods to be competitive with a 1M on the track.
Appreciate 0