View Single Post
      12-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #72
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Lol altered? All I asked was if he has been to the track before and it was a yes. What else can be altered? That means he has raced his M3 before and he knows how tracking a car works.

I'm sorry that this hurts your ego but a 135i with less than 2K in mods just beat a 1M. Even if you don't want to believe it look at the posts above yours linking a 1M review at this particular track where they were able to score a 1:38.8. Compare that to a 135i with 0 suspension work and crappy street tires doing a 1:39.6. I'm willing to put $ on the line that if he gets better tires such as Hankook RS3's and some kind of coilover setup he will beat that 1:38:8 time proving that you don't need 20k+ worth of mods to be competitive with a 1M on the track.
I don't think you understand the fact that there is nothing you could type that would possibly get anywhere near to hurting my ego

What I'm saying is that you are trying way to hard to make a 135i comparable to a 1M, and it is obvious by the way you type. I've owned both, and I can tell you that the cars are not as close as you think they are in performance.

There is another parallel thread of someone with a 135i that averaged 1:49's on the same track. Sure, you can change this, that, blah blah blah and get close to a 1M, or possibly beat it, but tires are a relatively cheap upgrade on any car. Throw some RE11's on the 1M and you've just found yourself in the same hole trying to figure out how to catch up again.

Unless you follow HPA's path and spend a pretty penny (at which point you may as well get a 1M), $2000 are not going to make a 135i 1M-worthy.
Appreciate 0