View Single Post
      12-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #74
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Trying to hard? We had 3 135i's come out. One was a beginner that has never tracked his car in his entire life. The other was me who has done 2 track events prior at different tracks but has never been to this track at all. And the third one has been to this track once before. Did I go in there doing research about 1M times and hoping that we would beat them? No. I saw the final times today in the morning and while I was looking at registering for a another track event I saw them post times from their last one which included a 1M and his best time. After seeing that I realized that a 135i beat his time.

This obviously hurts your ego because in this article they favored the 135i and you came in here defending it saying how it could never come close to a 1M unless you spend 20k+. So your trying your best to defend how a 135i can't touch a 1M unless they spend ungodly amounts of money. And how you've owned both so it obviously makes you can expert in both because you have pushed both to the limits on a track and modded your 135i extensively right? Obviously not.

The 1:47 time was the 135i that has never tracked his car in his entire life. Why do you think I asked if the 1M owner has tracked his car previously? If he hadn't then I wouldn't have even made this post because being new to the track and having some track time is a huge difference.

Do you not understand the concept of this thread? The article is comparing a stock 1M vs a modded 135i. Which is what is being compared, if you want to say "oh I can go throw a tune and start modding my 1M with tires and coilovers and be better" then that is obvious. I'm just providing an example of a modded 135i with less than 2k in mods beating a stock 1M's time and getting close to a professional reviewers time on this track.
slow down dude you're going to have a heart attack. I seriously don't care what you or anyone thinks about either car, but I prefer hard facts versus "hey, we all got close times and one of us beat his best time, but I heard from a friend from a friend from a friend that little Johnny has been to the track in a completely different car before." That's just as irrelevant as not saying anything at all.

As I said, I would love to hear the 1M driver's story and if that's the best he could do, then that's the best he could do...but if he's as experienced as you say he is, then it's doubtful.
Appreciate 0