Thread: 1M to 335is?
View Single Post
      02-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #11
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

I recently drove my 1M from Minneapolis to Dallas nonstop and it rained most of the trip. First time my 1M has seen anything other than clear skies and dry roads.

You know what? I realized I missed out on a lot of fun this past year.

You're in a good position because you really have nothing to lose. Drive your car in the rain and snow. You'll probably find yourself loving your 1M even more than you have so far and you'll have so much fun. It will be so much better once you log more miles and the worries go away and you can enjoy it like it was meant to be enjoyed.

And it that doesn't happen for whatever reason, you can just get the 335is and you won't need to worry about having put miles on the 1M or having driven in the rain because it won't be your car anymore! I'm sure you'll continue to take great care of the car and will only see modest odometer gains while you try out the "just drive it" approach, so it's not like you're going to hurt it's resale value.

Sounds like a win-win to me! Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll be happy as long as you're driving.

Quote:
"This, then, does to today’s sports cars what the original Golf GTI did to the MG and the Triumph Spitfire. It renders them pointless.

"Drawbacks? [Long pause] Um, maybe the sat nav screen is a bit far away—and perhaps the ride is a tad firm. Anyway, you won’t really notice the stiff suspension, partly because the seats are so comfortable and partly because you’ll be having such a good time!" (Top Gear Season 17 Episode 1)
Appreciate 0