Thread: camber plates
View Single Post
      11-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #47
White-one
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White 135I

OK for those interested or not here is the final update. Eibach sent me springs (same part number as what comes in the kit only with a -02 on the end of the part number instead of -01) which is 10mm taller. I also received some parts from Ground Control (basically thicker rubber between the spring and camber plate) which when installed gave just the right amout of ride height.

Note: When Ground Control first developed their camber plates they were even with the stock units, but BMW changed the mounts after a couple of months adding about a 1/4". (I will try to post pics) which added to the much lower than expected stance.

After all the installation I have a much nicer ride, cornering is better, ride height is nice and the car performs better.

As far as noise (described as feedback from the different plates) there is a little more harshness as compared to stock. It is better than the car I drove in with Vorshlag plates, but there is some noise. Overall I am happy with the set up. Feel free to ask questions.
Appreciate 0