View Single Post
      06-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #53
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Hey guys,

there has been more than a little controversy and some conjecture, regarding the company history of Nashin and its origin.

Whilst I am not permitted to reveal specific details regarding the origin of the Nashin brand, I can say that Nashin brakes are just that, a brand name.

The company behind Nashin brake components is S-Meng Industrial Co.,Ltd and was registered as a company in Taiwan in 1994, their first brake rotor was released to the public shortly thereafter. They were also the first Taiwanese company to produce a "floating" rotor.

The factory itself is very much a professional operation, all the components are assembled by hand and undergo rigorous QC checks prior to shipment.

Whilst it's true that their "Monobloc" caliper has only been available for a few years (2009 in fact), their 2-piece "Billet Forged" calipers and 2-piece "Floating" rotors have been available for many many years, as their R&D had focused primarily on race car application.

In recent years Nashin has worked very hard to develop an extensive range of components that allows for a direct fit, OE upgrade on a wide range of motor vehicles, as illustrated in their attached 2012 application guide.

I also have a lot more information direct from Nashin, regarding their range of "Street", "Sport" and "Competition" brake pads.

Specifically replacement cost, service life, operating temperature threshold and dust level, I will post all of that up shortly.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Nashin 2012 car application guide.pdf (6.28 MB, 240 views)

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 06-30-2012 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0