06-05-2014, 07:08 AM   #31
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
bs? really? you need to do some research on these cars a bit more methinks.

butter smooth is relative haha

and no i meant GTX3582R.. vargas twins are GTX28's, and his dynos do show very smooth power delivery.

i've seen them make good curves on 2.0 4cyls ffs. i've seen the dynos on N54's, and they're just as i describe, very smooth.

if you read the other forum, there's dynos showing gains on a modified head, it's about 9% power gained and way better breathing - however, the highest power dynos show peak power at redline, so there's plenty more room with a large enough turbo.. OEM retainers are surprisingly light weight, but yes titanium ones already exist.. cams don't exist, and while i don't think they're NEEDED.. they'll obviously help, a little more lift and duration please.

meth won't be needed with dual HPFP's for E85. i don't want to run meth at all personally, and can't for the events i want to enter

half shafts aren't needed yet, up to 753whp... DSS has some already, wheel hop at high torque (ie not what the singles are about) is the only real halfshaft killer.

water cooling isn't a problem on 6MT, and easily fixed on 6AT (which has more problems to deal with...)

oil cooling is already done on stock turbo N54's..

manual transmission is perfectly capable and strong, it has taken 655ft-lb... for reference, at factory redline 650 ft-lb is almost 900whp...

The already commonly used SPEC 3+ is rated for 671ft-lb.

engine internals, again, have taken over 650 ft-lb and over 750whp... again again, loads of people are already doing full rebuilds. not one person has cracked a cylinder or bent a rod from anything other than bad luck or terrible tuning/maintenance.

factory injectors on E85 should be able to flow at least 900whp from what i've worked out.. 1000++ on race fuel... fuel pumps already discussed. Depends on revs for the injectors though.. they'll start struggling at crazy power 7500--8000rpm probably. no one knows for sure til they try though

tire wise, the torque comes on later and smoother, so traction issues won't be any worse than a 500-550whp RB equipped torque monster lol.

BMS shitty customer service? do you even read these forums? he's always fixed every problem that people have complained about and is very active..

regardless, the current record is held by a PTF tuned car, and personally i'll be most likely using cobb anyway.. depends which one has better control.

and why would you do it on the BMW?... wtf why are you even here then.. the real question is why not?

like i said before, if i wanted the best bang for buck race car, i'd own a freakin stroker evo. put the vette to shame... or if i wanted pure straight line bulk power, i'd get something old and japanese and stick a turbo LSX or L98 or something in it... plus, our cars don't have terrible drag coefficients, actually, the vette is (C6) .34.. E90 is .26-.30.. E82 as far as i can tell is something like .32, and has a lower frontal area than the vette so LOADS less drag. oh and we can't buy vettes for sub $100k over here.

Bravo we'll said.

And STIG okay got it. But why have a modded car with track suspension and power mods if you don't even track it lol SHOW CAR?
Appreciate 0