View Single Post
      08-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #25
amdmaxx
My gift Registry: M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future Mowner of Monster

Mazdaspeed Mazda Miata..

Pontiac is getting better @ small cars, but 135 would be my pick these round. More prestege, better pedigree, 3.0TT engine that won awards, Luxury interior, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadeness View Post
I know that this is a 1 series forum and the answer should be obvious, but I enjoy reading these type of posts so I'll post it anyway.

What do you think of the 135 vs the new Pontiac Solstice Coupe GXP due out in 09?

- Styling wise I love the Solstice, I always liked the Solstice but have never been a convertible type of guy. But ever since I saw the coupe version I've been hooked. I like the 135 but it just does not grab me like the solstice.

- The interior in the Solstice looks and feels cheap. It looks OK in a picture or from a distance but when you get close....... I guess if I am going to pay 30k+ I want something nicer. As for the 1 I still have not had the chance to sit or drive in one but I would expect it to be MUCH better.

- Performance wise, if the rumors are true and the 09 coupe gets an HP bump to about 300, it could be an interesting comparison. The 08 convertible
GXP was defiantly quick and fun to drive. It had some lag though, would have been better with a 5 speed.

- Price wise after getting a discount on the 1 through Military Sales and the expected premium gauging on the Solstice. I don't expect to see more than a 3k to 5k difference.

opinions and thoughts?

Swade
Appreciate 0