View Single Post
      02-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
ChuckB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 2.0i

Negatives

- MPG varies a lot with just 10mph difference on motorway. Not talking silly speeds here.
The BMW Deisels do seem to VERY sensitive to speed, crosiing the 150km marks yeilds a noticale drop in mileage.

- Still only averaging 46mpg on a 580 mile motorway trip home. Hope it will improve with miles, car only done 3k miles. What do you think?
Should improve all the way up to 6,0000 miles, mine did

Let me know when you head out for the Ring....

Problems
- Gear Lever Vibrates a lot on idle and low rpm
I think all the dieels do this, mine does as well

- Engine light came on the other night, after flooring it through the gears, just orange thankfully and hasn't come back on since.
It does this to my wife once a month on her daily 70 mile [each way] commute, as she puts it, she is able to outrun it [just like you did]

- Sometimes can smell something "burning" I step out the car and it's not the brakes. Clutch maybe?
Look at the DPF, make sure you get everything fuuly up to temp once a week.

- All four hubs\rotors have surface corrosion on them where they meet the wheel. I feel it lets the car down, especially with the open wheels. Can these be replaced under warranty? Personally I'd prefer if BMW would power cost them black.
Common across all BMWs, wait till summer, lightly sand and paint them silver. BMW says this has no effect on the "fitness for purpose" and while the dealer might clean them up, BMW won't touch them.
Appreciate 0