View Single Post
      02-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Hey Gents,

I appreciate your interest in this product, unfortunately a few members have expressed concern with regards pricing.

However please be aware that the cost of the "In-Boot Meth' Tank" is for a one-off unit.

This is not something Peter expected to be selling in quantity, which is in contrast to our oil cooler kits, radiators and flywheels that I have priced very aggressively.

The prototype product was completed at the request of a local customer here in Sydney.

We are not making any real money from the components used and are charging accordingly, for the labour required by our in-house fabricator.

The tank components are all of a very high quality and unfortunately for us to purchase them, they cost what they cost.

As an example the "AERO" flush mount cap for the E92 version, is of aviation-grade and it will never leak.

It is supplied by Earl's who source the part directly from England.

Yes we could have used something that cost considerably less, but that is not what the customer requested nor is it Peter's style to fabricate a "one-off" product, to a budget price point.

I have a CM 2.3 gallon "Pro Tank" in the boot of my 135i.

Whilst it has worked well, I welcome a super discreet option such as our prototype tank.

I will most definitely be replacing my not so discreet CM tank, once I have completed the twin-plate clutch upgrade on my 1'er.

Cheers,

JD
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 02-18-2012 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0