View Single Post
      04-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #513
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
No for any drag car. Drag racers would laugh themselves sick at the idea of an IRS car that weighs 4,000 lbs! Why take a knife to a gun fight?

30" tall dude, 30" TALL!

I don't know you but maybe you don't see the point because your experience in drag racing is limited? Get out there often and you'll start to see my point :-) Our cars are shit slow at the drag strip.

There are VERY FEW street cars that can run "10s or lower passes" street legally. I share your love of AMS R35 GTRs!
because, it's (relatively) easy to make a 'vehicle' go down the 1/4 mile fairly quick, and ONLY do that... but it's much more of a challenge to make a CAR go down the 1/4 mile just as quickly.. and.. you know.. be able to turn, maybe even carry more than one person :O

30" tall, fair enough.

yeah under 10s is mental, but there's plenty of 10s and 11s cars i mean, more accurately (though yes, getting into the 10's is a HUGE achievement still),

i mean... damn, go check out performanceforums.. their challenge was.. um... 13's for $1300
some of them got into 11's i think? they pretty much all used nos, and dodgy stuff like ebay chinese turbos with sealed wastegates.. but still haha

Last edited by flinchy; 04-12-2012 at 05:59 AM..
Appreciate 0