11-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
Guildenstern
or Rosencrantz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 128i

Garage List
2008 128i Coupe  [0.00]
My father has an 06 M6 and honestly 500HP in less than 4,000lb is just stupid outside of a track. It's a cool car, don't get me wrong, but just stupid. Stupid and thirsty. But that's why it's cool, and why I'd never want it.

Overall I'd rather a car FEEL fast then BE really fast. Because really you still have to do something resembling the speed limit most of the time, and even a Ford Fiesta can do that. The 135's 300hp and 300Ft/Lb@1400RPM for it's weight is a pretty sweet spot. It feels Faster than the M6 because for all it's power the M6 has no low end. And really, especially in the twisties and getting on the on ramps, it's that initial burst of force that really makes you feel like speed racer.

For me though it was a little too sweet. Already leery of the turbo engine I knew the third time I hit 100 on a main street after pulling out of the dealer lot on the test drive that the 135 was going to cost me my licence. And while I miss the power on track days, I otherwise never really notice it too much. But then I tend to consider the redline to be a target rather than a warning. So with my mill running over 4k most of the time I'm having fun, it's more than good enough.
Keeps you proficient in Double Clutch downshifts!
Appreciate 0