Quote:
Originally Posted by mahlerbeatdown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahlerbeatdown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850tgul
That's my plan too. Hope to do my LCIs next weekend.
61130005199 work, and can be modified, but it's sort of a headache and I totally ruined one of the jumpers. It really didn't work well, at all. It can't even be pushed into the harness at all. I essentially resorted to cutting the end of the cable off, which is essentially just left it as a shielded copper wire, and pushed that through the hole. You'll see when you get the jumpers in hand.
I haven't ordered the wires yet. I have another sort with a similar (maybe the same?) connectors, so I probably won't.

So did you get them working in the end? Did you just pull he connector off and put the stripped end into the pin? If so, how did you secure it?
Working 100%, but probably not the best setup. I just pulled the copper through the harness, through the hole, and just held it while i plugged in the connector. It makes contact and works fine, and the clipped in harness connector keeps it snug. It was my only option until I can find the proper jumper plug, but i'm sure it'll be fine for as long as i leave it. I wish i had a photo to explain better
Certainly a creative solution.

I would be cautious with this though as too much wire sticking through could bridge two pins and short something out, and too little will mean the wire may move, arcing the connection.

If the method I described above is just not working for ya, you can always modify the wires within the headlight. Straight forward as well (just jump the wires). It just means you have to pull the headlights again.

Keep us updated guys!

And yes - you can do LUX and all the other mods all in one go. Will be much easier with the headlights out and bumper off

Also bob, one of my connectors was missing the 'hood' too, been through many a wash since without issue. Those rubber inserts should keep it safe from water but try checking the other cover for a P/N. If you don't have that one either let me know, I'll pull mine and see if I can see a P/N

Appreciate 0