05-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #17
Pablito1702
Pablo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

[QUOTE=froop;12679144]Hi Addicts!

Performance Review

The answer is brilliantly. Right after installing the strut brace I took it for a short drive down to the shops and I could immediately feel the difference. The front end was much more sorted, feeling more planted to the ground. The steering is more direct and points right where you wanted to. This could be felt even with just changing lanes. There also feels to be significantly less body roll around corners.

Upon further testing on a spirited bay drive a couple days later, the brace really proved itself. Previously, the car was quite sloppy, especially on the limit during cornering. The feeling I would get when cornering hard is that the front end could break grip unexpectedly at any time and I'd go understeering into the nearest gutter, tree, pole, cliff, river etc. Since installing the brace I can now corner harder and with much more confidence due to the improved grip and handling. It also feels much easier to predict and control over and understeer much more easily.

I had the same strut bar (also purchased from Harold), but removed it when I took off the Dinan suspension. Since I still have my M3 front end bits (sway, tension rods, etc) on the car, I did not expect that I some of the steering sloppiness to return, but it did. I had assumed this was a result of the stock springs (linear) and dampers, but after reading this I wonder if it is the due to the strut brace.