View Single Post
      05-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #26
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I disagree. I think it would have been pointless and waste of resources to design a brand new engine when you already have a great engine in N54. However, I do wish is that they had given 1M a bit more power by increasing the boost level. Maybe close to 370hp or so. But if they did that then this car would have been faster then M3 in straight line as well as handling.

I guess where BMW dropped the ball after market tuners will pick it up. A simple chip not costing huge amount will cause this car to show M3 tail lights while providing better MPG in day to day driving.

I love the M3 and its carbon fiber roof, DCT option and overall more roomy rear seats and better looks. But I have to say 1M is no joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash83 View Post
I still think an M car should have a new engine.. if they were targeting 335HP they should have made a new non Turbo I6 3.5L to get that horse power.. otherwise this is a wet dream car..
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0