05-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #27
SUBIMMER
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2004 cobb STI/ AW 1M comming s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
I disagree. I think it would have been pointless and waste of resources to design a brand new engine when you already have a great engine in N54. However, I do wish is that they had given 1M a bit more power by increasing the boost level. Maybe close to 370hp or so. But if they did that then this car would have been faster then M3 in straight line as well as handling.

I guess where BMW dropped the ball after market tuners will pick it up. A simple chip not costing huge amount will cause this car to show M3 tail lights while providing better MPG in day to day driving.

I love the M3 and its carbon fiber roof, DCT option and overall more roomy rear seats and better looks. But I have to say 1M is no joke.
amen on the best replie to all this bull!!!! btw after 8 years of driving the STI i recently test drove my sales rep m3 with bmw perf exhaust....loved the whole package...loved the interior!! loved the sound ...thought to myself where is the torque?! gave it back to the rep,ordered a 1m two hours after riding my rattle plagued STI with gobs of torque back home...viva los turbos i say
Appreciate 0