View Single Post
      05-14-2011, 04:50 AM   #30
WyattHerb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
I disagree. I think it would have been pointless and waste of resources to design a brand new engine when you already have a great engine in N54. However, I do wish is that they had given 1M a bit more power by increasing the boost level. Maybe close to 370hp or so. But if they did that then this car would have been faster then M3 in straight line as well as handling.

I guess where BMW dropped the ball after market tuners will pick it up. A simple chip not costing huge amount will cause this car to show M3 tail lights while providing better MPG in day to day driving.

I love the M3 and its carbon fiber roof, DCT option and overall more roomy rear seats and better looks. But I have to say 1M is no joke.
I've always thought BMW took into consideration the life of this car outside of its warranty period and what its reputation would become in 10-20 years. Depending on how rare they might become, I feel like this car is going to become a favorite amongst track junkies. Its well praised chassis and the tuneability of its powerplant combined with the commonality of its major moving parts is a recipe for long term greatness.
What is this car going to be capable of when tuned to 400hp/400 ft.lbs?