01-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
blutattoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Anyone interested in fielding a team for 24hrs of Lemons

I'm trying to see if anyone would be interested in fielding a race team for the 24 hours of Lemons @ Thunderhill Raceway in September.

It's a long way off, but in order to find a car and get it running/race ready takes awhile. I'm looking for co-drivers and/or mechanically inclined folks to participate.

The general rules are you cannot spend more than $500 bucks on the car itself, not including safety equipment so the investment is fairly minimal.

I need a minimum of 3 co-drivers and preferably 4/5 since a twenty four hour race is a long time. I can find the car and pay for it, but I'd like input from the team on type of car. It doesn't have to be a BMW, anything that runs works.

I would need assistance on sourcing parts, installing parts, installing roll-bar, removing and disposing of non-essential components, etc. Basically helping to build it, and if you had garage space for it you might save me from having my wife scream about garage space all the time.

I'm in Sacramento, so preferably folks that are close to me.

PM me if you like or if anyone has ideas about how to pull this off let me know. Places to get cheap safety equipment, parts, tires, brakes, etc. I'm guessing pick and pull for a lot of stuff, but who knows.

Last edited by blutattoo; 01-04-2013 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0