03-19-2008, 09:53 PM   #10
Stew
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack View Post
I to went to the local dealer today.

The car was to big for a near useless back seat. Yep,,, Im in the it should have been smaller lighter camp. Car looks great! I was very impressed with the dash. It looked cheap in all the pictures Ive seen and honestly. Out dated. Looked great in person.

The 135 and 128 coupes they had were presold. They had two rag tops on the lot. The coupes looked way better. One of them had the metallic black paint. I was impressed with the fact it had very little orange peel. A lite wet sanding and a good polish and it would have been mirror finish. But for $475 bucks it should have been perfect. Told my SA. The paint has orange peel in it it will cost you. My time cost money also. Also hated to see $800 Xeons on the 128 rag tops.

Over all impressed with the car I went ahead and got pre approved and we did a work sheet on my two preferred configs.

First car: 135 coupe 6MT, Red, Red and Black Leather Alum. trim. Sport Package, Comfort Access.
Second car: 135 coupe 6MT, White, Tan Leatherette, Walnut trim. Sport Package, Comfort Access.

All in all a interesting car!

I was kind of mean today. When I first went to this dealer sometime ago I was snubbed by some fat ass salesman. Dropped me for GQ guy that walked in behind me. I made a point to go find him today with my pre approval package. Flipped the lid open where he could see the numbers and made sure he should never ever judge a book by the cover. Explained to him. The boots on my feet, the dirty jeans and the ill fitting tshirt make me a very good living. And the Mazda3 out front does a great job of carrying me 80 to 125 miles a day back and forth from work. My SA Ive been with since fat ass snubbed me was LOL in his cube/office. And then I told fat ass. OOOOO I have a real office with a jug in the drawer. Where is your? My SA was coming unglued.

So it was a fun moment after work.
:smm7:
Brutal lol...but I definitely can relate. While I agree there is no real need to show off how much better your job may be, I think these kind of SAs need to be made aware that serious buyers dont all fit the same sterotype. Hopefully losing the sale to another SA will encourage him to become better at spotting serious customers other than by apperances alone. I've been to two dealers so far and neither of them seemed interested in selling me a car, oh well. Must have felt nice to show off the approval package tho =]
Appreciate 0