View Single Post
      03-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #14
happywalmartcustomer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack View Post
None the less. I really enjoyed looking over the 1's. I could of driven a rag top. Just didn't see the point. When the coupes looked sooo much better.

My SA said there 135 demo should be in the next load. Asked him to call me after all the staff had beat the crap out of it and it had a few thousand miles on it. Explained to him I would like to drive one after its been treated like a rental car. Should give one a peek into how it will feel once owned for a few months.

All ways fun to have something to look forward to....

I feel for the poor saps who end up with these black/coral demos. I was one of the first to test the local dealer's 135...it was not a gentle ride. The semi-manual shifting on the automatic tranny was new and rather awkward for me, I embarrasingly managed to downshift once when I meant to upshift resulting in a very excessive redline. Of course all that was combined with numerous full throttle take offs and a rather short adventure into the triple digits. I'm sure I'm not alone in thrashing the demo car...although I do feel ever so remotely guilty.
Appreciate 0