View Single Post
      08-26-2008, 04:28 AM   #1
jonnyuk06
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d SE

123D Coupe remaped by Evolve

Went to see the guys at evolve over the bank holiday down in Luton and got my coupe remaped. Let me first say they are a great bunch of guys and clearly know their stuff, listened to what i wanted and delivered, i think a 120D (177 had just been in before me). I Spent the best part of 4 hours with them, did about 14 dyno runs and tried half a dozen different maps, it was the first time i've had a remaped but Imran talked me through what he would do and showed me how it all worked etc, he explained how some people can fudge the dyno results to give better reading, he called his dyno the ego buster for the reason it shows the real figures not some way out claim!
I'm really pleased with the results so far (going back again to do abit more work on the map), the car feels lighter on its feet, more resposive, its like a rocket ship. Pulls effortlessly in all gears and revs more like a petrol engine now. The drive is still as smooth, no judders/jerking when accelerating hard, around town you can't tell its had a remap which for me was essential. MPG has increased by a few as well.

He also showed me a comparision for the 120D, a spider bix vs a proper remap, the difference was a real suprise to me. Would be very interesting to get the guys running these tuning boxes to have a dyno run, i would bet they are not running anywhere near as higher BHP/Torque as claimed!
in terms of pricing speak to imran, he will do group buys as well

0870 0850 111
www.evolveyourcar.com

i'll keep you posted regarding my next visit to evolve.

Cheers
jonathan
Appreciate 0