View Single Post
      07-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #15
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruGambit View Post
With the amount of power the 135 has, would it be hard to drive around with the amount of snow the midwest usually gets? I've heard of people giving up E36 M3s for an STi to move up here because of the snow around here.
The 135 will work, but it has a few issues that will not make it an ideal car on snow or ice. But with good driver skill, some snow / ice tires on all 4 wheels and using the DTC button will help. The 6MT will make it more difficult, use 2nd gear when starting out and take it easy on the gas. Get used to doubling up the stopping distances that you are used to in the summer.

Ground clearance is going to be a problem when attempting to go through any snow drifts or snowplow/snowblower mounds. A narrower, higher profile tire is probably a good idea. With the flat bottom on the 1 series, it might be possible to have the car stuck high and dry on a mound of hard packed snow!

Personally, I don't like the idea of driving my 135 in winter conditions, just because here in Vancouver you get all sorts of people who don't bother to get winter or even all season tires - they think using the gas pedal is the solution if it gets slippery.
Appreciate 0