View Single Post
      02-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
jonack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Giving up my 135i, but not saying goodbye!

I know that most of you will think I'm nuts, and laugh at my most likely plan for tomorrow, which is to trade in my 2008, 135i for a 2013 Cooper S roadster ( the deal may not be made, but it looks likely).... I have been working with Mini / BMW reps on this possible deal for a few months now... I seriously considered the 2013,135i, but I really want to try a roadster... the only experience with them was when I was 17 and my friend had a MGB.... so I guess it is sort of a life crisis ( not mid life since I am 65 years old)... I am experiencing some remorse over giving up the Bimmer....
I need a daily driver with some cargo space for my tennis bag , etc., and the Cooper S meets those needs: Z4, used Boxsters, even the Miata are not winter cars, and are not practical in any way... Being retired, there is also a $ issue.... I just want something completely different and fun!
I have been driving BMWs for 10 years, belonged to this forum for 5 years, and have been a BMWCA member for 8 years.... I plan to remain in this forum and may still participate; I will also stay in the club.....
The Cooper does have BMW DNA, and that makes me happy..
Again, I will not say goodbye. I have Bimmer blood and I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts, and posting ...
Best,
JoNack
Appreciate 0