///M///M Good
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: people nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshields View Post
My order of preference would be:

1) Dual exhaust out the center (ala 2002)
2) Dual exhaust on the left side
3) Quad exhaust.

If this car is an inline 6 with a turbo on top, then a quad exhaust is completely fake and even though the majority here seem to be ok with the fake quads and probably even the fake side vents on ///M cars, I still only accept the quads on the V8 M5 and V8 M3 because they really have two cylinder banks. This is not a honda and we don't need to 'show' the power of the car by how many exhausts it has sticking out the back!

I still like the uniqueness factor of the dual out the center that the 2002 had and so I definitely vote for that as #1 -- as this car is sure to be a rare care from its limited production run and likely limited number of people who will accept it without having quads and fake hood scoops, etc..
1) M5s are V10s.

2) Quad's aren't fake if all the pipes actually expel exhaust.

Realistically, any vehicle could get away with a single pipe. Ever seen the exhaust on school buses and commercial trucks? Anyway, does it fvcking matter what the exhaust layout is??????? I would like there to be pipes on both sides of the car. Duals or quads don't make any difference to me - I just like the symmetry. But it's not like my decision on whether or not to buy the car is going to be based on the number of exhaust tips.
Appreciate 0