View Single Post
      03-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #90
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Silverstone BMW E39 M5 - Stage 2 Paint Correction, Interior, Engine Bay [IMAGE HEAVY]

Car: 1999 BMW E39 M5

Service: Stage 2 Paint Correction, Leather Condition, General Interior Clean & Engine Bay Clean

Comments:
- I picked the car up from the Northern Beaches on Saturday morning and as I was getting into the car, I knew I had my work cut out for me on this one.
- On the outside, the paintwork felt like sandpaper and the car had lost its shine.
- Plenty of scuffs marks, minor to medium scratches and minor swirl marks all over.
- Inside, a heavily soiled interior revealed scuff marks, dirt and stains.
- Unfortunately, due to its age, there were some wear marks on the leather that could not be removed and some deep scratches on the exterior that could only be reduced.
- The rear bar was the worst part of the car, almost as if it wasn't sprayed in two pack paint. It had a very matte finish and severe staining (partly from the Tubi exhaust spitting up fuel due to a rich tune). This rear bar was improved, but will definitely need a respray in time to come.
- Due to the rich tune, the exhausts were black again within minutes of cleaning them!
- The wheels also heavily caked in brake dust were badly pitted overall.
- Check out the images to see the glass finish at the end of the detail and the how the interior should look on an M5. It's hard to capture how liquid this car looks but in a couple of photos you can see that Silverstone pop! The owner couldn't be happier

BEFORE:

Appreciate 0