03-30-2012, 02:45 AM   #17
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistom View Post
Well, now that I'm thinking about it, I guess I'll try taking out the bulb from the left (working) headlight and putting it in the right (malfunctioning) headlight and see if I get it to light up.

Maybe the bulb out error is coming from the right headlight and the adaptive malfunction is coming from the left headlight?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Before you do that you might wanna do some more research on this(searching here). In the past there have been memebers that have swapped out the bulbs or ballast or FWM(footwell modules) only to blow up the other side of teh system.

The problem is that the headlight isn't just a headlight anymore it also has some circiut boards inside it. Once it gets wet - its toast. (at least from what I have seen posted here). Then it blows the ballast and FWM. I think your bulb is probably ok. And these headlights are not cheap to replace! $1,500 or so.

The best thing to do is put the car back to stock... then take your car into a dealer. IF your car is out if warranty.... contact your insurnace agent and see if headlights are covered. Just tell them you have a crack bc there is water inside of your headlight. MOST insurance policies cover rock damamge for glass under teh comp ins plan. Zero deduct too. Then have a dealer do the repair so you have a two year parts warranty on the headlight.
Appreciate 0