View Single Post
      08-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Interesting read, thanks for posting. I'm torn on BMWs move away from NA 6s, they made some of the best on the planet, and nothing beats the throttle response from NA. But....N54 is a true masterpiece, I would argue it's one of the best 6 cylinder engines ever produced. It pulls with such urgency, I'm still pretty blown away by how strong and immediate the power delivery is considering its modest displacement. Combined with pretty good fuel economy and significant reliable tuning potential, I don't see why they'd turn from FI at this point, it does seem to be the "way forwards" so to speak.
Great engine sure, but not all N54's have great throttle response, especially after BMW neuters it with software updates.
My 09 135i does NOT have immediate power delivery at all.
Yes, it's great when the ECU finally responds to my throttle input.
But overall throttle response isn't great in many N54's.
Plenty of threads and posts about it too.

I have a 335i Msport on order. It has the N55. It's amazing how much better the throttle response is in that car.
My N54 used to be close to this before BMW updated the software.
And then, to get it back they offer the PPK.
Yeah, right. So, to get back the throttle response you took away I now have to pay you to put it back?
I'm glad I've been leasing for the past decade. Makes it easier to take some of the BS BMW pulls.
Appreciate 0