04-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #20
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fboutlaw View Post
Re-upping this thread to find out if anyone has fitted 1m panels on a 135i. I went with the ER Widebody and after an incredibly dissatisfying 2 months with SonicMS and ER, they've agreed to take the parts back. Granted, it fixed the rubbing issue, but there were many new issues created.

So, who's done 1m panels on a 135i?
Hey
Glad everything worked out. My kit has some slight fitment issues and the car rubs a little at fulllock due to the wheels being wider but my fitment is 10x better than the photos you showed me. I have had the kit adjusted a bit since its initial install and everything fits better.

I recently had some time to examine a 1M very closely. You should be able to bolt up a 1M bumper, fender well liners, and fenders no problem. Your e82 sideskirts however, will not line up in the front and 1M sideskirts will not line up in the rear. It is probably most effective just to have your current ones moulded to match the new fenders.

Another thing I noticed on the 1m, the actual flat portion of rim of the fenders are much thinner than the 135i.

Note, the 1M fender liners are a combination of M3 rear fender liners and special 1M front liners. They don't have prices for them on real OEM but HPA was able to get them for me. I would go to them first if you are considering getting the parts.
Appreciate 0