06-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #200
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Has anyone done a supersprint day at Eastern Creek?

RDC SUPERSPRINTS

Supersprints are a speed event where cars are sent out onto the circuit in pairs to set their fastest single lap. The pairings are sent out at 10 second intervals, with the fastest pair at the front to minimise overtaking. It is not a race - in fact, anyone found to be “racing” is sent straight to the stewards.
This year, the ARDC are running three rounds of the NSW Supersprint Championship:

April 14
- June 16
- September 8
Cars are divided into seven “types”.
- Type 1 is for standard registered road cars.
- Type 2 is for modified registered road cars.
- Type 3 is for touring cars and production sports cars which can be modified as per the Improved Production regulations.
- Type 4 is for sports sedans.
- Type 5 is for openwheelers, sports/racing cars and clubman sports cars.
-Type 6 is for time attack cars.
- Type SV (Special Vehicles) is for road registered kit cars, modified road registered cars and other cars running on slicks.
All types have classes within them loosely based on engine size.

Kind of short notice and its probably booked out, but a work mate told me its $180 and you get at least 4 runs in before lunch time then in the afternoon a few cars have self destructed and you can get 6 + runs in that afternoon (by memory he said you get about 10 minutes for each 'outing'.
http://www.ardc.com.au/events/detail...te-Practice/61

If you have an ARDC membership and a CAMS license you're entitled to go to these practice days. Only $105 for members or $135 for non-members for a full day at EC. That seems prettycheap seeing as though an ARDC "your car our track" day or whatever costs $300 for half a day (half price if you have an ARDC membership and don't need a CAMS license). Though I guess those days include an instructor I think.

I think I might get an ARDC membership and CAMS license sometime. I like Wakefield Park but it's just so far to drive...

It's possible to get a BMW Drivers Club membership and those practice days would only cost $135 still. It would be nice to be in a club with other BMW enthusiasts but ARDC seem to hold a lot more events.

So conflicted...
Appreciate 0