!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Thanks Bob for that EXCELENT write up!

IF you do not mind me asking(or you can PM me)... what was the price for the kit + tweeters + install? And how much does your dealer charge per hour? Over in Germany mine charges 110 euros per hour.

Thanks,
Dackel
Of course, prices! How could I forget the most important piece of information?

I don't mind sharing at all. Way easier than sending out lots of PMs.

The kit itself was $407 from Schmiedmann. Now, their prices change pretty frequently as they are pegged to the exchange rate, and how much you pay is dependent upon the currency you pay in and the country that you ship to. I payed in USD and shipped to a US address, and then had it forwarded to my overseas FPO (it can't be directly sent to a military address because they use DHL and it must be signed for). If you ship to your German address, you'll get stuck paying 18% VAT, so don't do that. Anyway, like I said, I also ordered the tweeter housings, which I think were about $35/each. Everything all together (retrofit kit, 2x tweeter housings, DHL shipping) was $514.

My dealer only charges €65/hour for labor, which kind of surprised me (it seems too low, right?). Anyway, like I said, they charged me a hair under three hours for install and coding, 2:55 to be exact. The exact amount billed on the invoice was €189.15. These prices include 18% IVA (Spanish for VAT).
Appreciate 0