View Single Post
      10-28-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor82 View Post
Why are so many people on this forum obsessed with whether the 128 wil come in at $25k or $29k or will the 135 cost $32k or $37k? i thought this forum was for ensthusasts not dreamers thinking they might be able to buy a BMW for the price of a VW!? Are people trying to fool themselves into thinking the price will come in low? For the sake of a few k here and there it's still an absolute bargin for you guys in America. In the UK the 135 is just short of £30k, that equates to around $60k! People have said the 1er is the entry level model (which i don't persoanlly agree with), but at the end of the day it is a BMW, just because it's "entry level" doesn't mean cheap, just look at other brands, if Bentley were to bring out a new "entry level" car would it be cheap? no because you still have to pay for quality! Cheap = comprimised quality. i for one would prefer to pay a little more for a car to have that quality finish which is one of the resons why i have owned a BMW for the past 5 years and why i don't own a Nissan, Toyota/Lexus or any other plastic japanese car! Anyone who would says "if the 1er is $2k more i'll buy a nissan" doesn't understand what extra the 1er would be offering in terms of engineering and qulity and simply doesn't appreciate anything but that blue & white badge on the front!

So how about this for a poll, is the 135 over priced should it be yours for $36500 or the 128 over priced at $29500?

Sorry for the abrupt thread but i'm sick of people dreaming of low prices, ain't gonna happen, it hasn't in the UK and it won't in the US!
jolly good post! ecky thump!....check out my youtube clip below.....live from Blackpool

=
Appreciate 0