05-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExREX View Post
Thinking on upgrading the family car to an x3 or x5 both 30d.

The dealer priced up two quotes and with the current discounts on x5 (innovations pack $9k for free) there is only about $10k difference between the two $96k vs $106k like for like options.

Interested in peoples comments as i assume many 135 owners also have an X for the family car.

Also wondering what sort of discount i can expect off list price?

Sorry no regional forums for the SUVs so thought i would post here
Bought X3 a year ago and delivered in November. You definitely getting more bang for buck for the X5, but it is an ageing car. My wife were having problems with the height of the X5, so ended up buying the X3.

I don't know what the current demand/supply on the X3 is. There wasn't enough cars to go around when I bought it, but it was new. I was reading the 125i/135i thread earlier. What I wrote about price was it all depends on timing, demand and incentives. I can add a new one to that list - relationship.

Aussies just post on the X3 main forum. There are a few of us there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcoff View Post
I was thinking of changing my X5 3.0d E53 to the new X3 when it came out about a year ago. I was quoted in the low $80k range for a 3.0d (as then unreleased). You should certainly fight for a big discount as the X3 isn't running out the doors and the X5 E70 is in it's last years and MB have dropped $$$ on the ML. Decided to keep the E53 for a while longer as I didn't see the $50k changeover value.
low $80k has a poverty pack or lower specs.
Appreciate 0