Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
Hey guys

Nice setups!

A few questions:

1) Did you keep the stock head unit? Do you have the stock sound system and not logic 7?

2) I like the neat look of the W6. How does the W7 compare and what are the differences. Are they both JL audio?

If i lived in USA I would definitely order an enclosure from you, but unfortunately I don't so I'm looking to get someone to make it here for me.. Just wanted to clear these q's up.

Thanks!
The W6 and W7 are both JL Audio subwoofers. The W7 is the big brother to the W6, but both subs are known to be incredibly capable and high quality.

Both of our setups utilize the stock headunits. I can't recall whether Ben has the Logic 7 system or not; however, mine does.

The amp for the L7 is behind the left rear seat panel between the inner and outer steel panels. I used a basic PAC Trunk-LOC line-out converter that also integrated the remote turn-on wires. I think it was $40. Install was a pain the first time I did one (took 3-4 hours because I had no clue what I was doing), but the second time on my friends car took only 2.

Regarding finding someone to build one locally to you: you may see if Ben is willing to ship to S. Africa, provided you'd be willing to pick up shipping charges. I recently shipped something of similar weight (and only slightly smaller) to Russia and the charges were around $70-$80. Pricey, but not terrible, all things considered. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
That looks sick!! Well done.
Thanks - I appreciate it (I'm sure Ben does too. )!
Appreciate 0