View Single Post
      11-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #140
marwol
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmDrei View Post
Thanks! The shoulder straps are looped around the "Isofix" mountings in the back. The mountings can stand enough strain (someone I know at BMW checked for me) and I do not have to dismount the shoulder straps when someone gets in the back. Just throw them aside and strap in with the 3-points in the back. The disadvantage is the angle of the shoulder straps. Ideally they would be mounted in an angle of 20° as shown here (I assume, you can read German). This is however the required angle when using HANS with a 4-point harness. I don't use HANS, so I feel comfortable with an angle of approx. 40° (Schroth aknowledged that telephonically).

I run a higher risk of crushing my spine, when the harness has to take a full impact. I am willing to take that risk. To me the advantages of the 4-point make this risk worthwhile. It is something you will have to decide for yourself.
Ok, thanks for information The solution looks very good to me, so i think i´ll try the Schroth´s. But at first, i need the Performance seats...
Appreciate 0