View Single Post
      03-10-2018, 03:05 PM   #66
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
I got side swiped last month. Four lane highway, I was passing someone and when they were about out of my peripheral vision they decided to change lanes without looking. Very minor damage, no dents, but their front bumper contacted the center of my passenger door and scraped all the way back through the rear quarter panel.

Handicap plate, 75 year old driver, apologized and told me he was preoccupied taking his wife to the hospital.

No police, no witnesses (stopped), no dash cam. Then I hear from their insurance company, the other driver claimed I side swiped him, so they have no liability!

WTF. No one is honest anymore.

I'm almost thinking of getting a dash cam, but my last accident was 30 years ago (when I was 16) and I've been driving in and around the greater Boston area in a BMW for the last 22 years without incident.
ALWAYS call the traffic enforcement in the area to get a report drawn up. Too much money laying on the line to leave it up to he said she said with insurance only. Call an ambulance for his wife if you have to. Dash cam would have helped, but police report trumps all unless the bastard would have lied straight faced to the officer on scene.
Gangplank1541.50