View Single Post
      05-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #61
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
I emailed the Australian distributor about the rebound adjuster not working and he figured it out

Quote:
Now the detent or "clicker" is actually in the main shaft, not in the external adjuster which is removed with 17mm spanner. I have learnt that the factory dyno run every damper before they are sent out, and this is done WITHOUT the external adjuster assembly fitted. So someone has run the shock on the dyno with the internal adjuster in the shaft wound right in (clockwise). This means that when the external adjuster (fitted with the 17mm spanner) is fitted to the damper at final assembly, the external adjuster shaft will not reach the internal adjuster (with allen head), so therefore the external adjuster will just keep turning as it has not connected with internal adjuster.

So, what you need to do is to remove the adjuster assembly with 17mm spanner, then use 3mm? allen key inside the end of the main shaft, and turn counter clockwise to move this part up closer to the end of the main shaft, so that the pin inside the external adjuster housing can then locate correctly with the rebound adjustment "clicker" inside the main shaft.
So I was able to fix it fairly easily and now have fully functioning coilovers!
Thought I'd put this up in case it can be of use to anyone in the future.
Appreciate 0