Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
While we are at it, they should also remove the DSC and ABS from the GT4, with the front-rear brake bias manually set by the driver to put more on the driver. And remove the synchros from the gearbox, so they really learn how to shift gears. And why not remove power steering and brake assistance so they can truly exercise their skills with arm and leg muscles. Maybe we should also have the drivers set the ignition advance manually, like in the good ol' days, as well as have them set the fuel mixture manually, that'd be a hoot. Only the "true" drivers would win ...
You went too extreme...why not talk about not even having an engine and race on bare feet?

The thing is Manual does offer more options than DCT in driving dynamics where as the removal of power steering does not. One example is you can ride the clutch while throttle on as a way of traction control during cornering (but keep turbo boost up because there is still throttle input) where as with DCT you are either left to electronics or simply throttle down or off with boost down.
If you have turbos, I suppose this is true. I'm not sure what DCT you are driving but the DCT in the E92 can be on gas during up or down shift, so if there were turbos in the S65 they'd still be spooled up for ya. Unfortunately the only value in a stick is the enjoyment you get. There really isn't anything else beyond this. The DCT is a manual but instead of a slave cylinder and a third pedal, there is no pedal and solenoids to engage and disengage the clutch for you. Once in manual mode it only does what you say except if your driving 20 in 5th gear it will downshift for you if you don't. There is nothing a DCT can't do but I'll wait to see if someone comes up with something.