View Single Post
      05-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #13
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by My535i View Post
Very nice...I'd love to hear them too!!! I am in Miami and seriously considering dp's but I am worried about the added noise on long trips, etc.. How much louder is it say cruising at 70 mph on the highway?

You are running otherwise stock exhaust? So you "felt" a increase in performance with the dp's as the only change? What map are you running on the JB4? Are you still on run flats?
Yes, I only have the downpipes on an otherwise stock exhaust. I'd be glad to show it to you as well so you can see that it is really barely louder than stock. Truthfully I have yet to take it on the highway, but I will do so later today and get back to you, but I honestly don't see it being much louder.

And yeah I can actually feel a difference. Its not as obvious as the jb4, but sure enough I felt it. According to my not so sensitive butt dyno, I would say at least 15-20whp and similar torque. I was running map 1 before the downpipes and now I am running map 2 with the downpipes. And yes, I am still running the crappy ass runflats. I still ran the car on the stock map and the improved throttle response is still apparent. I honestly really like how the car feels now with the combined mods as I was rather disappointed with how the car ran in stock form coming from a 400+whp Evo 9. Granted the car is not as fast as my previous Evo, it really isn't that far off in terms of power. Maybe with meth it will be faster than it, but I'm not going to mess with that as I am 100% happy with how the car runs now all while sounding very quiet still.
Appreciate 0