02-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #18
Daneel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: It's very old

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyGirl
Hello

I am not very succesful with women. I am not sure driving a new E90 will make me any more attractive to them. But as a balding, overweight 45 year old I would look pretty stupid and obvious in a sexy sports car. I cannot afford two cars, so a 3 series is a reasonable compromise. The E90 may be a great drive, but its hardly a head turner to attract women. So I am afraid I am having second thoughts. But I cannot really think of any sexy 4 seater sedans.

Any views ?

Donny

Confidence dude, not the car. The car might impress some, but you have to have the confidence to be talking with them and have the ability to get them *into* your car first; that applies even if you drive an Enzo. You're not going to drive your car INTO the bar right? And it's not like some girl is going to see you at a stop light, get turned on by the Enzo, and jump into your lap.

Several people said the car would help seal the deal; that might be true with a lot of girls. But if you don't have the confidence and "interest" factor (pardon the pun) then the car is not going to help.

Go to the gym. Get a haircut that looks good, even if you're balding (eg, Bruce Willis, Lex Luthor, etc etc). Start talking to women on a casual basis. When the car comes, it will be another weapon in your arsenal. But don't make it the only weapon.

You're 45. Guess what, James Bond is in his late 30s, early 40s. A 2 door ragtop would look obvious. I would say, use your age as an asset. Sophistication and world experience, rather than trying to be 25.

PS: I should take some of my own advice; I'm in my 20s, but could do with more confidence myself. haha.
Appreciate 0