07-20-2017, 12:28 AM   #128
Newguy123
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Nissan Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbronnik View Post
Zombie thread alert #2

22lb cast-iron counterweight can be removed in rear crash bar! credit to hydra from n54tech (#4 here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_5403)
Good call! Will be doing this soon, I also have invested in some "unsprung" or "rotational" weight savings as of late.

Kosei k1 wheels 17x8.5 ET40 square 16.xx lbs per corner

*This saves 8 lbs per corner in the front and 10 lbs per corner in the rear over stock 264 wheels so a total of about 36lbs this doesn't include going to a non run flat R compound tire.

Racing brake 2 piece light weight Oem replacement rotors/pads for front and rear. this shaves a total of 22lbs of rotational weight if you do all 4 corners. 12lbs front savings and 10lbs rear.

M4 dct flywheel went in that saves about 10lbs of rotational weight over the stock weighted unit (and most importantly fixed the misfires i was seeing when running 475+ wheel horsepower)

I read pretty deep into rotational weight savings and found a general consensus among a few different articles of "for every ~10lbs of rotational weight removed it's equal to removing about ~26lbs static weight"

The only other weight removal I do for race day is remove the axle back muffler and run a straight pipe not exactly sure on the savings but it's at least 30lbs

Pull the passenger seat and rear seats. The rear I believe are good for 55lbs and not sure what the motorized heated front seat weighs but I think it's around 65-70lbs.
Fuel-It! direct port meth injection
check out my youtube channel here
Appreciate 0